Sunday, November 28, 2010

Talli's 6th Bday

Talli had her 6th Bday party in July.  She decided she wanted a Princess & The Frog themed party.  Ok...easy peesy I thought...I should've known better...this is MY daughter.  Nope.  She wanted a Mardi Gra Princess & The Frog party w/ beneighs & gumbo.  Oh great...I've never made either.  So I began my research!  I'm very lucky to have a good friend, Lisa who's boyfriend, Kevin is from New Orleans so he was my go to source!  He recommended that jambalaya would be better for the kiddos & gave me a great recipe!  I also found out that the Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans that originated beneighs in the US sells their beneigh mix online so that was a must & I immediately bought several boxes.  Enjoy the pics!



Talli wants to be a Pastry Chef when she grows up & LOVES cupcakes.  When I was researching a Princess party I came across these purple (her favorite color & purple works w/ the color scheme of the party) crown cupcake wrappers w/ the word "Princess" lasered cut out...an idea came to me.  I thought of doing a frog face in the frosting w/ the Princess crown cupcake wrappers so you get a "Princess & The Frog" cupcake "cake".  Well when I came across the frog gummies...had to do that instead!  Talli LOVED her cupcake "cake"!  Huge thanks to my Mother In Law for making the cupcakes & frosting since I have NO baking abilities.  :)





For decorations we went w/ the classic green, purple, gold & silver color scheme.  We also used Princess jewelry, plastic frogs, & musical instruments to reflect the New Orleans music scene.  We had a Mardi Gra mask making station where the kids made their own masks that they wore in the Princess Talli's Mardi Gra parade later in the day.  We also had a crown pinata & of course Mardi Gra beads that each guest was adorned w/ when they arrived.



Talli loved helping make all the food!  She even got a new purple Princess apron from Pappy & Granny!  :)  We had jambalaya & beneighs for our guests.  I made "Swamp Juice" which is sherbet, 7-up & green food coloring.  I had wanted to float the plastic frogs on top of the swamp juice but that was a no-go as the frogs sank.  :(




Kids having fun at the Mardi Gra mask making station.


My Princess Maggie joining in on the festivities!



The kids played Musical Lilypads complete w/ New Orleans style music.  :)  AND...TALLI WON!!  She beat ALL the big kids to come out w/ the WIN!  YAY TALLIAH!!




Princess Talli's Mardi Gra Parade!!  The kids all wore their masks & walked around the neighborhood playing their musical instruments & throwing candy to the neighbors while yelling "Happy Bday Princess Talli"!!  Our neighbors probably think we're crazy!  LOL!



The kids playing "Leap Frog"

Time for the pinata!

Lilli reading a poem she wrote for her sister.  :)




Blowing out candle & opening presents.  Happy Birthday Talliah!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment